California has excellent weather, but sometimes that can lead to heat waves. You want to ensure your air conditioning doesn’t go out during this intense heat. Fortunately, Aladdin Air Conditioning & Heating is headquartered in Southern California, where our valleys can trap plenty of heat. Keep reading to learn how to ensure your AC doesn’t go out, regardless of how hot it might get!
For all your SoCal AC needs, contact Aladdin AC online today!
Keep Your Air Conditioner Working in Extreme Heat
When the heat is on, you might be tempted to crank your AC all the way up and forget about it. However, this is unwise because it can lead to problems with your AC or electrical power. To help you, we compiled a list of tips to keep you cooler and alleviate some of the stress on your AC so it will keep working.
- Don’t keep your AC running: Instead of turning it on full blast, put it on auto and set a realistic temperature. This way, your AC can take a break before turning back on later after the temperature rises.
- Use fans: Support your AC with a few fans around your home. Fans use less electricity and can run much longer without any problems. These fans could be ceiling fans, window fans, box fans, or any other type of fan that works for you!
- Keep your rooms shaded: Heat is generated from sunlight, so it’s a good idea to keep all your curtains and blinds closed or only partially open. If full daylight enters your room, the temperature will naturally rise. If it’s dimmer, less heat will accumulate.
- Use minimal appliances: To help conserve electricity and prevent blackouts, you can opt to keep as many lights off as possible and refrain from using your dishwasher, washing machine, and dryer until later in the evening.
- Change your air filters: Air conditioners have a filter that helps trap dust and allergens. Make sure this part is not clogged up, and have it replaced ASAP if it is. Otherwise, cold air will not spread throughout your house easily and cause your AC to work twice as hard.
- Professional maintenance: If you know a hot season is on its way, it’s a good idea to call a professional HVAC technician to look at your home’s AC system to ensure everything’s in order.
For the fastest service, call or contact us online as soon as possible!
How To Keep Cool if Your AC Stops Working or You Lose Power
If your air conditioner stops working, call a professional immediately so we can help you. While you’re waiting for your AC to be repaired, here are some tips on how to stay cool in the meantime.
- Drink liquids: First things first, make sure to stay hydrated by drinking water or other beverages regularly. Drinks with electrolytes will also help immensely!
- Take a cold shower or bath: It doesn’t have to be ice cold; just find a temperature that you can tolerate that makes you feel cooler than the heat in your environment.
- Cold cloths: You can soak small towels and pieces of fabric in cold water, ring them out, and then place them on your head, around your neck, and on your wrists.
- Wear breathable clothes: Wear as minimal clothing as possible, and ensure the fabrics are breathable, like cotton and linen. Do this in combination with the next tip.
- Stay out of the sun: Direct sunlight will heat you up, especially if your skin is exposed.
- Don’t cook: If possible, cook in the early morning or later in the evening since cooking with ovens and stoves will create more heat in your home. Instead, heat previously prepared food or eat fresh.
- Frozen treats: Enjoy ice cream, slushies, and other cold desserts to lower your body temperature.
These tips will help, but make sure to have one of our professionals inspect your AC to help prevent any future problems. Contact us today, and we’ll be happy to help.
Choose Aladdin AC for SoCal Services
Aladdin AC is proud to help our Ventura County and San Fernando Valley communities. With over 40 years of experience, our reputation with local communities is always positive. We guarantee our work; otherwise, it’s free of charge! Our techs are full-time staff equipped with the latest products and training.
We offer a wide variety of services to help your home with any issues related to cooling or heating. Additionally, we can help you with the overall air quality of your home regarding allergens and pets. Our main headquarters are in Newbury Park, and we’re ready to assist communities in Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks, Ventura, Camarillo, and beyond!