Running into a problem with your furnace system can be a huge source of stress and frustration. You rely on your heating to get you through those cold San Fernando County nights, and you simply don’t have the time to mess around with a faulty system! But having said that, do you need a furnace repair service, or is it time to consider a full replacement?
At Aladdin Air Conditioning & Heating, we want you to get the best service we can possibly provide. And we want you to get the right service, at that! We know all there is to know about differentiating between a needed repair service and replacement, and today we’re going to clue you in on how to tell.
When It’s Time for Furnace Repair
Generally speaking, the following issues can be remedied with furnace repair service:
- Odd or loud noises. Loud sounds are almost guaranteed to be loose or worn parts in your furnace system. Wait too long and those loose parts might to a whole lot more damage, and you might be straying into replacement territory.
- Weak air flow or cool air. Both problems come from clogs in your air flow, usually due to dust caking up in vents, ducts, or in your air filter. You may want to check your filter before calling in for repair.
- There are cold spots in your home. A properly working furnace should never leave your California home full of cold spots. Luckily, the causes for this issue are few, and repair will often restore your comfort.
- Unresponsive or inaccurate thermostats. There are two big causes here: one, the electrical connections in your system have come loose or are worn out. Two, it could be that your thermostat needs some care. Either way, repair can get the job done.
When It’s Time for Furnace Replacement
There are some situations where replacement is far more beneficial! We would usually recommend replacement when:
- You have a recurring issue. If you’ve called in for repair two, three, or even four times, it’s just time to replace. Repair costs can mount quickly, and a new Carrier furnace system can bring you a lot of assurance and benefits.
- Your heating costs are skyrocketing. If the efficiency of your furnace is dropping, replacement just makes more sense. You’ll save loads in the long run, and will get a more effective furnace to boot.
- The furnace in your home is too old. After a decade or so, you can expect your furnace system to really start underperforming. It’ll need repair more often, it will be less efficient, and overall will be more headache than it’s worth.
Schedule Furnace Services in Southern California
Still not sure which service suits your needs best? Don’t stress! Our experts at Aladdin Air Conditioning & Heating have the training and skill to help you find the right service for your situation! You can contact us any time online—we’re always ready to help!