As the chilly nights of winter start fading, it will not be long before the air conditioning system in your Southern California home needs to go back to work full-time again. Before that happens, it is good idea to make sure the system is ready for the hot weather with an AC maintenance visit.
Why Is AC Maintenance Important?
When your air conditioning system is properly cleaned, lubricated, and adjusted, it can operate easier and more efficiently. This offers several benefits, including:
- Longer system life
- Lower energy costs
- Fewer unnecessary repairs
- Fewer service calls
- Better comfort
- Improved indoor air quality
An air conditioner should be serviced twice a year, and by scheduling an AC maintenance visit in the spring and the fall, you can avoid the busy summer season for HVAC contractors. Spring maintenance helps to prepare your air conditioner for the hot weather, while fall service prepares it for downtime during the winter.
What Happens During an AC Maintenance Visit?
In a typical AC maintenance visit, your HVAC contractor will perform a full inspection of your system, looking for potential problems and testing its performance. All the routine maintenance for your system will then be completed, which will vary by the manufacturer, brand, and type of air conditioner you have. Typical maintenance steps include:
- Replacing the air filter and cleaning the air handler
- Adjusting the blower belt and inspecting blower mounts
- Lubricating the blower motor bearings and pulleys
- Measuring supply and return airflow
- Cleaning the evaporator and condenser coils
- Checking refrigerant levels and inspecting the lines for leaks
- Cleaning the condensate drain and drip tray
- Inspecting the electrical system, including wires and contacts
- Testing the start capacitor and relay
- Measuring compressor amperage and current
- Testing safety systems
- Verifying system performance
Regular maintenance can increase the reliability and longevity of your system, while keeping your home cool and comfortable.
HVAC Maintenance Services in Ventura County, San Fernando Valley & Santa Clarita Valley, CA
At Aladdin Air Conditioning & Heating, we provide complete maintenance services for central air conditioners, heat pumps, packaged systems, and more. Our NATE-certified technicians can service all brands and models of AC equipment, according to the procedures and specifications of the manufacturer. This protects the warranty of your system and ensures it receives the service it requires, when it is required.
To make the maintenance process simple and convenient, we also offer scheduled maintenance through our Aladdin Discount Club. As a member, you will receive many great benefits, including:
- Two maintenance visits a year, in the spring and the fall
- A 20% discount on repairs that are not part of your routine AC maintenance
- A 20% discount on HVAC filters and other select products
- Priority scheduling and service over non-members
- Extended members-only service hours for greater convenience
- And more…
Our Discount Club is a great value and it will help to keep your air conditioner in prime operating condition throughout the year. Contact us today to learn how you can sign up!
To schedule AC maintenance services at your Southern California home, call your local Aladdin Air Conditioning & Heating office or contact us online today. Don’t forget to ask about the great features of our Aladdin Discount Club!