Heat pumps are known for extremely high efficiency, versatile comfort control, and high quality cooling to combat our California springs and summers. But are you getting the most out of your heat pump this season? The certified HVAC experts at Aladdin Air Conditioning & Heating are here to give you the run-down on spring heat pump maintenance, and why it’s so important!
Our specialists have been providing superior heat pump solutions for years, and when it comes to meeting your needs, there’s no one better! Contact Aladdin Air Conditioning & Heating today to get the heat pump maintenance you need!
Spring Maintenance: Why Professional Service Is Key
Much like nearly anything else, whether mechanical or biological, your heat pump needs routine maintenance to work optimally. Seeking professional maintenance ensures your system operates at its maximum potential, providing you:
- Increased energy efficiency, and reduced cooling costs.
- Less frequent repair, and less costly repair in the event of a breakdown.
- Increased home comfort and better, stronger cooling.
- Longer system lifespans.
Spring Maintenance for Homeowners
Routine professional care is crucial to get the most out of your heat pump, but here are some simple tasks you can perform all on your own between visits:
- Change your filter frequently. For California residents, we would recommend every 1-2 months depending on weather and local pollen counts.
- Clear leaves, debris, and dust from outdoor and indoor units. This helps minimize the risk of clogging, and ensures proper air flow in your system. It also avoids potential fire hazards!
- Check for exterior damage monthly. This includes checking easily visible lines and the shell of your unit for obvious cracks, dents, or broken connections. Keep in mind that you should never attempt to get into your system’s working parts, or handle electronic equipment/wiring on your own. This is extremely dangerous, and could pose a risk to both you and your heat pump.
Why Spring Heat Pump Maintenance?
Our experts would recommend seeking professional heat pump maintenance twice a year; once in the spring, and once in the fall. This is the best time to ensure your system is in proper working order for the upcoming season. If a problem is found, you know before you’re reliant on your pump for comfort control, and additionally these are statistically the most common times that systems begin to act up. The best medicine for a heat pump is preventative care, and the specialists at Aladdin Air Conditioning & Heating are here to provide!
Need heat pump maintenance for your home? Contact us online today!