As residents in our area know well, the temperatures can range wildly throughout a typical California year. But overall, our HVAC systems are pretty well-equipped to handle the situation. What we really wrestle with is the humidity! The summer season can get a bit muggy, which is a problem all its own, but our fall and winter seasons bring about a distinct lack of moisture.
Wondering if a humidifier installation might bring some relief for those dry months? If so, the certified HVAC team at Aladdin Air Conditioning & Heating has some good news for you! We install and service humidifiers throughout Southern California.
Ready to gain the benefits of a home humidifier in your home? Contact us online today!
The Benefits of a Humidifier for Your SoCal Home
When we’re talking about humidity (specifically relative humidity), there’s a specific range that the human body prefers to stay within. Between 30 and 50 percent humidity is preferable, but as close to the middle of that range as possible tends to be the ideal. But this, of course, becomes a bit of an issue when the cold starts seeping in late in the year, or when your AC is on full blast and sapping all of the moisture from your air!
A humidifier ensures you stay well within this comfortable humidity range, helping you to stay comfortable all year long. But that’s not all it can do! A humidifier offers so many other benefits.
- Humidifiers combat dry skin. When the moisture level is too low in the ambient air of your home, your skin tends to start drying out, sapped of the moisture it depends on. This can lead to itchy, dry skin, as well as sneezing and even nosebleeds. A humidifier helps you stay in that ideal range, well away from such symptoms.
- They also help to reduce allergy symptoms. Dust and pollen readily travel through thin, dry air. With your home staying in the idea humidity range, the air is far less likely to readily carry these allergens.
- Humidifiers improve your home’s energy efficiency. Adequate humidity helps you to maintain the temperatures in your home by improving your heating system’s ability to carry warmed air throughout the home. This means that you can keep the temperatures lower, and yet still feel warmer, which can save you a few bucks on your energy bill, too!
- They protect your furniture. Namely wood furniture, but it also helps keep paint from cracking and drying out. By keeping moisture levels optimal, you’re preserving the wood furniture and flooring in your home, protecting it against warping and cracking.
- Humidifiers reduce the chances of static shocks. Ever wondered why static shock is so much more common in the winter? It’s the dry air! The lack of moisture means we don’t as readily dissipate electrical charge (specifically electrons), resulting in the gain of a charge, and then that obnoxious little zap!
Schedule Whole-House Humidifier Installation in Southern California
Thinking a home humidifier sounds like the right solution to help you keep comfortable? We think so, too, which is why we offer a full range of humidifier systems that are sure to help you maintain your home’s ideal humidity range. We even provide dehumidifiers for those seeking a year-round balance solution.
Not sure what solutions suits you best, or not sure where to start in getting your humidifier service? Contact Aladdin Air Conditioning & Heating online to consult with our indoor air quality specialists!